Job function: Product Marketing
Proxisense is a spin-out from Oxford University’s engineering department and is in the early stages of product development and growth in new sectors. The company has previously developed and sold technology for aerospace applications but is currently creating technology for other markets including pharmaceuticals and chemicals production (inline test/PAT) and medical devices.
The development team are currently designing, manufacturing and testing core sensor technologies for novel applications for Process Analytical Technology (PAT) monitoring and control. The Head of Applications and Product Management’s role will ensure the sensors are fit for purpose and deliver a high value in the PAT market. This will involve being the internal product owner and champion, responsibility for the product roadmap, including project timelines and delivery, and for developing analytical solutions that test the sensors both internally and with external customers and collaborators.
The initial target for the PAT sensing technology is in pharmaceutical (including biopharmaceutical) applications of liquid processes – protein concentration, dissolution/crystallisation, reaction monitoring, etc. Knowledge and expertise in this area would be extremely valuable.
It is important that the successful candidate can lead the development of the sensor and ensure that the project is delivered on time and to the minimal viable specification. Key resonsibilities include data analysis and interpretation leadership, owning the product requirements (User Requirement Specification) and managing early stage product development projects.
The role reports to the Chief Business Officer and is located near Farnborough on Cody Technology Park. Physical presence is required for most of the week as close working with the engineering team is essential for effective and rapid product development. Travel is anticipated, but on a minimal basis until the products are in extensive customer trials, which will be potentially globally.
- Experience of the needs and requirements of the PAT market and instrumentation in that area
- Experience of leading and developing new analytical instruments and tools
- Product roadmap ownership and project management skills
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of multivariate data analysis techniques and developing valuable process insights from those analytical methodologies
- Experience of the Pharmaceutical PAT market
- Experience of using and writing Python/Matlab script
- Applications support and analytical method development
- Experience or education in applied chemometrics, ideally in PAT applications
- Working knowledge of embedded software methodologies
- Experience of Chemistry and or Chemical Engineering
- Experience of working with
- Solidworks/Fusion360 or similar
- History of working in an ISO approved company
- UI/UX Development
- Be able to work in a small team and do what is needed to get the job done
- Problem solving will be part of your day-to-day life so must be comfortable with this
- Be creative and persistent – nothing great works the first time you try
- Be accountable to your teammates for delivery of the shared goals of the company
- Good degree in a scientific discipline, with optional post-grad qualification, and more than 3 years commercial experience
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible working environment
- A friendly working atmosphere with everyone pulling in the same direction
- Being part of a small team challenged with delivering something great
- A competitive salary